Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Happy Birthday to me...

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count.  It's the life in your years." -Abraham Lincoln

Another year older, another year wiser... I agree with the older, but I am not sure about wiser.

Do I look older and wiser?  Photo by Mike Merrill
I hope I am wiser, but on some days I don't feel very wise.  Like the day I dropped my phone in the toilet.  One should never put your phone in your back hip pocket.  My phone did not survive.  I had to get a new one.  But I digress.  My birthday has come and gone.  Another year under my belt so to speak.  I had two birthday parties...one given to me by my friends and walking buddies.  The other given to me by my family.

We had a very nice luncheon at one of the lady's house.

The welcome sign by the doorbell...cute huh?
Why they decided on three candles I do not know, but it was fine by me.  They made me wear the boa since I was the birthday girl.  There were two cakes.  I know that sounds strange, but I don't eat sugar.   I follow a ketogenic diet.  The cake here was Pistachio for all the other ladies and for me to blow out the candles.     





The other cake was a brownie cheese cake that is low carb, no sugar from the website alldayidreamaboutfood.com.  You can find the recipe in the link to the left.



Then we had the family party where all the food was keto.  The cake I had there was Kentucky butter cake also from the website alldayidreamaboutfood.com.  It is also sugar free and grain free, and tastes wonderful.  The boys helped me blow out the candles.

Notice the tiara I am wearing.  New tradition.


Look at the present my man, (aka my husband, aka Warren),  got me.


These are two sconces for our screened in porch.  I wanted to have some sort of sconces, and told him  I would like to look for some.  He ordered these for me all by himself, and hung them up as well.  I love them.  He has great taste.  Simple, but elegant.  They are a flameless light that looks like a real candle.  It has a remote control so I can turn them on and off without having to lift the glass.  I think they are lovely.



These are some iPhone wishes I  got for my birthday.  I thought they were lovely.



Lastly, this has nothing to do with my birthday.  I just wanted to show off the wreath I made in honor of July.


That's all for my birthday.  It was a good celebration, and it was a good year for the most part.  Thanks to all who wished me well on my special day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog