Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A mini adventure...

"Instructions for living life: Pay attention, Be astonished, Tell about it." -Mary Oliver

Warren has trigger fingers...not what one would normally think about as trigger fingers...like in shooting a gun.  He has fingers that, when bent, don't return to the normal straight position unless they are physically straightened.  In other words, they lock when bent.  He has trigger fingers on both hands.   He was tired of having them lock.  Besides, they were painful, so he went to an orthopedic doctor.   Surgery was scheduled.  Both hands were fixed.  I was a little concerned that he would be very limited in his ability to do things, but it hasn't been too much of a problem.  It's jars...he cannot open jars very well.  Anyway, I am glad he had them both done at the same time.  The procedure takes about 10 minutes.  I am thankful we don't have to spend another day doing all this preparation for only a 10 minute surgery.  And like I said, he is not impaired very much.  Doing both hands at once turned out to be a very good decision!

Waiting to be taken back
Warren was home bound for several days, and I decided we both needed to get out.  I get to go see a lot of different places with the camera club and my girlfriends.  I decided to treat him to a little adventure.  Lunch at the Pisgah Inn which is way up on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  He had never been way up there.  It has good food, and a good view.  Tables by the window have the best view.  We got there early enough that we got a table with a view.


The doctor said Warren had to wear his bandages...see his wrists...for two weeks.  I wonder if they will last that long.

We took selfies trying to get the mountain view in the background.  I think our heads are too big to see the gorgeous scenery.


Maybe if I lean in a little more mountains will be in view... hmmm.


Nope.  Not much more of the mountains show.  I think he's getting tired of picture taking.


Okay, how about a photo of just the mountains...and not us.  Amazing to behold.  This truly is God's country.  So glad we are here!


We had a great meal, great scenery, and a great time.  It was a good idea to go on this mini adventure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog