Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Everybody but me rides...


It is true...everybody here, rides a bike, but me.  Why don't I ride you might ask.  For one, the streets are too narrow.  I would be afraid for most of the time.  Mountain biking is too extreme for me. The primary reason is I don't want to wear a helmet.  Helmets are required in this family.  No excuses.  Even if they do mess up my hair that is not an excuse.  So I don't bike.  Besides, my knee hurts when I ride too.  What do I do?  I walk.  And hike.  I love to walk.  It is not dangerous or extreme.  It is relaxing.


This past week when we had the boys. We also had their balance bikes.  In case you don't know what a balance bike is, it is a bike with no pedals.  The boys have been riding this type of bike since they were 2 years old.  They have since graduated, and transitioned, with no problems, to a pedal bike.  No training wheels...they just got on and rode.  We just did not have their pedal bikes at our house at the time.  So they had to ride their balance bikes.  Since our house is at the top of a hill, they loved coasting down the street.  (our street had little to no traffic).  And our driveway has a nice steep entryway.  They liked that as well.  These boys flew like the wind.  They were fast.  They are dare devils.   I was rather nervous about this since the bikes have no brakes.  Not them.  The boys don't have a problem with slowing down because they use their feet.  Tate drags his feet on the ground, and Sawyer squeezes his heels on the back tire to slow down.  Here they come!


See him dragging his feet to stop...



Here's the next one...he squeezes his heels on the back tire to slow down...





The love for biking is a generational thing...all starting with this guy...


Then, his son.  Luke has taken it to the extreme with his mountain biking...

photo by Luke

And Jenna has joined in the sport...
photo by Luke
I guess I will be content to watch everyone bike.  


And I will take the photos...THE END.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog