Saturday, December 12, 2015

Splendor...

"Days decrease, and autumn grows, autumn is everything." -Robert Browning

I thought I would do better at keeping up with my blog.  I have pretty much failed with my good intentions in "keeping up", which I hope to rectify somewhat.  It is so beautiful here (Hendersonville).  The trees have lost their leaves, but there is still so much beauty in the barren branches.  Add in the sprinkling of evergreen trees, drops of dew, snatches of color, and it is a gorgeous sight to behold.  Many mornings we wake to a covering of fog.  One day, I decided it would be fun to go out to photograph it.  I love the fog...well, not to drive in, but I love how it paints mystery to the landscape.  It was a great day for a photo walk...

It started with the trees we see outside our bedroom window.

Not far from where we live is a golf course that was purchased by the town of Flat Rock, and converted to a walking park...



It has the largest holly tree I have ever seen...



Nice autumn colors abound...

"Let me, o let me bathe my soul in colours; let me swallow the sunset and drink the rainbow." -Kahlil Gibran







"It is the still, yellow kind of afternoon when one is apt to get stuck in a dream if one sits very quiet." -Dodie Smith



It is a wonderful place to touch the face of God.  I love it here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog