Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Mark's birthday...he's getting up in years...

"Birthdays are nature's way of telling us to eat more cake." -unknown

Mark and Amber are here to help us celebrate Christmas.  Mark's birthday is 4 days before Christmas, so we could celebrate his birthday as well as Christmas.  Mark works as a web designer, so I thought it might be fun to make him a cake in the shape of a computer, and instead of putting the typical "Happy Birthday" on it, I would write happy birthday in Java...that is computer code, or something.  Not knowing anything about it, I called on my friend Gennean who has a son that is a computer expert... to see if he would write out the code for me.  He did, and explained that the color on the code had great significance.  Here is the cake I made, complete with code written by Karl.

there is a candle for each year of Mark's life...33.




Mark really liked his cake...he pretended to type on the keys...he liked the code.   He was very impressed, and even more so when he learned the cake was made by his very own, little mom.




For those who are wondering, the cake is chocolate with chocolate frosting under all the fondant.  I had to look online to see how to make the fondant...marshmallow fondant.  It is really easy to make, and shape.  I made the screen part of the cake from foam board, and used icing to "glue" it to the cake (keyboard portion), and to outline the board.  I cut out the Apple icon, and used two sided tape to attach it to the board.  It was very good cake.  And I think Mark had a Happy Birthday, indeed.  Many thanks go to Karl who wrote the code for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog