Sunday, April 11, 2010

Which one?



Today began very early for me--before sunrise. I accompanied Jerry Holm on a photo shoot of an old run down adobe home found on the highway between here and Portales. To get the perfect shot, we had to be on location at sunrise. I was pretty excited to be able to tag along. It looked like I was going on an extended vacation with all my gear. What I was not prepared for was the location. We had to climb over fences (I was hoping we would not be shot at for trespassing) and fight the thorny bushes and watch for snakes. This was definitely not a wedding shoot. Next time I'll wear my boots. I did get some nice shots and a lot of helpful hints. I actually knew what he was talking about when he said, 'shoot at a high f-stop.' I was hoping to get some great shots for this week's class assignment. While I liked some of the photos, I still was partial to some I had taken earlier in the week of my grandkids and some flowers. Decisions, decisions. The final decision was made when Warren agreed with me on my choice. It is a picture of Erynn on the slide at Grace park. I liked how the wind was blowing through her hair, the expression on her face, and the traces of candy around her mouth. It has already had some great comments by others class members. The critical one will be the teacher's comments which will be forth coming. The picture was done all in manual at a very fast shutter speed to capture the on film what is a blur in real life. Children never hold still, so this was definitely a challenge. I was really torn which one to submit, Erynn or Reid. Isn't he cute as he eats his gummy lifesavers? His picture was not as challenging since he was sitting still. Just his little hands were moving. So which one do you like? Isn't it hard to choose?

This afternoon Warren and I worked at cleaning out the flower beds. We got most of them cleaned out in our backyard in less than two hours. It does look so much better. We still have the "way back" to do and we are thinking of putting in a garden. We are debating whether it will be cheaper to buy produce rather than grow it, since it costs so much to water. Stay tuned to see what decision we make.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Just be glad you have a "way back"! I'm just hoping we don't have to wait "way" too long for grass in our "yard"! Ha!

Laurie said...

Oh, and great pics of those two great kids ;)

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog