Saturday, April 10, 2010

New look





Being the computer whiz that I am, it only took me all day to figure out how to change the look of my blog, so it has a little color in it. Hopefully, I will be able to make it look better and better as time goes on. Warren and I went to the "tea party" this afternoon and were disappointed in the poor turnout. There is supposed to be another one on April 15th, tax day, so hopefully, it will have a better turn out.

Our creative assignment for this week was to take a picture that portrays a particular mood or emotion. For example, when we say some one is "blue", they are usually sad. I thought of all the standard phrases: yellow, mellow; green with envy; black for gloomy, but I did not want to do any of the standards. I found a huge, wonderful Wisteria vine just full of purple, draping flowers and decided to do "purple passion." I told Warren my great idea, and he did not think it sounded so great. I think it was because he was going to have to "pose" again and have to wear a purple shirt in keeping with the theme. Color coordination is a girl thing. He finally agreed, but with a tad of grumbling. In the end, he was extremely patient while I did my metering and shooting over and over again to get the right exposure. (Automatic is sure a lot easier, but it is not allowed). We got my "passionate" shot, but more significant to me is a new emotion for purple: "purple, patience." Hmmm, seems like I have written about patience before. That is what my wonderful husband is--patient. He is extremely patient while I fiddle with all my settings and take countless shots before I get it right. I think I have the most amazing husband and some amazing shots.

1 comments:

Laurie said...

What a lovely couple :)

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog