Sunday, January 7, 2018

Gratitude...Hope...Trust

"We come this far by faith. We go step by step by faith."

I like this quote, and I am sorry I cannot read my writing as to who the author is to give credit to him or her.  Last Sunday I was able to attend church...which I have not been able to do since October 3 when I fell and broke my ankle to pieces.  It was wonderful...refreshing...enjoyable...to be able to be among a body of believers.  It is like God picked me up, and gave me a hug!  I had a friend ask me why I thought I had to go through what I did with my broken ankle...what was the purpose of all that pain and suffering?  In the next few days, I hope to reveal how God spoke to me through all this ordeal.  And what I learned.  I am not sure I will ever fully understand the why.  And perhaps I am not to know until I meet God face to face.

"Life is difficult.  Yes it is-for all of us to some degree-but we get to chose how we walk through it." -M. Scott Peck, The Road Less Traveled

Steve Brown was the visiting speaker at church.  He spoke on Hope.  Hope defined is: "an unfulfilled desire that is accompanied sometimes , but not always, with a reasonable expectation that the hope will be fulfilled." -American Dictionary

Hope for the New Year!  Isn't that what we all desire in the midst of all the turmoil we find ourselves surrounded by in this world?  We are defined by our hope.  In what do you put your hope?  I put my in the Lord, Jesus Christ.  Steve Brown says:

  • Hope is given by God- it is in our DNA.  

   Blaise Pascal said, “There is a God-shaped vacuum in the heart of every person, and it  can never be filled by any created thing.  It can only be filled by God, made known through Jesus Christ.” 

  • Hope is defined by forgiveness.
  • Hope is guaranteed by authority...Christ's authority.  

                    Everything was created by Jesus
                        Jesus is the radiance of the glory of God
                        The universe is held together by His word

I bought myself some flowers in honor of the New Year.  They were so gorgeous, I could not help but take photos of them.  And I tried out some new edits...ones I usually would never choose to do.  But, hey, it's a new year.  Time to try new things.

I left church feeling overwhelming loved!


 Full of hope...



Full of gratitude for many things, but most of all for...


My man...who fixed meals, cleaned the house, did the laundry, the grocery shopping...He did everything that needed to be done for months while I convalesced.


My trust is in God because I know His greatness is unsearchable, He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, great in lovingkindness, good, raises up those who are bowed down.  He is my covering, strength, passion, helper healer, provider, glory, faithful friend, counselor, hope, love, and life.


And of course, there is Maggie.  An added joy to my life.  She is the icing on my cake of life.


To quote Rosamunde Pilcher...one of my favorite authors...
"I felt philosophic.  And then suddenly very happy.  This happiness caught me unawares, as I used to be caught unawares by the random ecstasies of childhood." The Carousel

Hugs...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog