Saturday, February 20, 2016

The new me...

"We are all stars, and we deserve to twinkle." -Marilyn Monroe

 If you are familiar with my blog, then you know I decided to stop coloring my hair in September.  It has been an interesting journey with definite times of a love/hate relationship with my hair.  I do have to say, there were moments when I thought, "What have I done?"  I think it was mostly when I could see the "old" and it was sort of yellow.  I was greatly encouraged during the times of self-doubt by the ladies sharing my journey on the Facebook, Going Grey Gracefully.  I was tired of looking at my yellow tinge, so when I went in for my last haircut, I asked how much would have to be cut off to get rid of it all.  Pretty short was the answer, but I decided to take the plunge, and cut off the old.  We were able to get most of it off anyway.

So here's the new me:  hair color, and cut...

These are selfies taken with my iPad, so they are not the best, but they show my hair very nicely.




This is with the camera...

I am participating is a photo challenge online.  Last week's challenge was to take a portrait of "your love"...one that you would like to frame.  Warren was so nice to cooperate...posing with me for some photos.  He is such a sport.  Here is what I liked...



I think with my next haircut, I will have all the old cut away, and all my natural color visible.  I definitely like my own color, the freedom of not coloring, and the savings in time as well as money.
Be Blessed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog