Monday, January 11, 2016

The New Year...2016

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but building the new." -Socrates

Happy New Year...

We brought in the New Year, 2016, in style with Luke and the grandkids.  We all were adorned in glow stick glasses, bracelets, and necklaces.  Lights were off; music, and snacks abounded.  At 9:00 pm (it was midnight somewhere I am sure), we toasted in the New Year.

Doesn't he look like a real party animal?

Luke and the boys

Tate

Sawyer

The kids had a blast with the balloons, glow sticks, and all the snacks.  They loved the sparkling cider.  We went through 3 bottles.

Still no snow here...just tons in Roswell.



I started off the New Year with a hike to Bridal Veil Falls in Dupont forest.  It was mighty chilly, and because of all the rain, the fall was huge.
Left to Right: Sharon, the other Sharon, Sarah, and Rob...

Rob at Bridal Veil Falls...

With chilly weather, I got to wear my winter gear sent to me by the Roswell clan.


Winter season... the view from our bedroom window.


I braved the cold, and went to take pictures of the last leaves hanging on.


Okay, this is an evergreen so hopefully its leaves will be there a long time.  I liked the raindrops hanging on.  We have had a ton of rain...


With the new year, comes the last season of some of my favorite shows.  Downton Abbey for one.  I am sorry to see it go.  This last season has started off with a bang.   Love the one liner zingers of a lot of the characters, and I love, love, love the hats.


And it is the last season of American Idol.  It looks like this will have the best quality of singers ever.


2016 holds so much promise.  Bring it on:  the joy
                                                                     the hope
                                                                     the love


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog