Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Our tornado, and thunderstorms...

"Nature is so powerful, so strong. Capturing its essence is not easy-your work becomes a dance with light and the weather." -Annie Leibovitz

Lately, we have had a string of thunderstorms that have dropped a lot of rain.  We have also had a new roof put on our house...just in the nick of time... or we would have had to strategically place buckets around to catch the leaks.  During the lunch hour one day, we were having a super thunderstorm when the sirens began to blare a warning that a tornado had been spotted.  I ran outside to see if I could see it to take a picture...and to see if it was heading our way.  I did not see anything because of all the trees surrounding our house.  Luckily, some other people were in good spots to get nice pictures and shared them with me.  So none of these pictures are mine, but they do document our very skinny tornado.





One night I went out with my friend, StephanieDeFranco to try to get some shots of lightning.  We got a few before we decided we had better leave, before we got struck ourselves by lightning since we were out in the open.

Doesn't this cloud look like an alien spaceship? 




All this rain has done wonderful things for our flowers...
our lilac bush...


wildflower from the old airport...

wildflower at the old airport...

more wildflowers...old airport


Our backyard...

taken with my iPhone with lens baby 

backyard...

backyard

Diane DeFranco's rose bush was loaded with these gorgeous flowers.
Looks like we are having our April showers in May...along with our May flowers.  I am not complaining!  I like the rain, and the flowers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog