Saturday, April 25, 2015

Be Still...Amazing sight...

"Happiness held is the seed; 
  Happiness shared is the flower."
                                  -John Harrigan

"Be Still and know I am God." -Psalms 46:10.  I know the Lord was speaking this word to me Friday.  It was one of the first things my eyes, mind, and spirit encountered that day... first in Jesus Calling.  "Let the radiance of My glory shine upon you, as you wait on Me in confident trust.  'Be still and know that I am God.'"  Then I encountered that verse two more times before noon that day.  He always confirms His word (rhema).  Three times in one day is a lot of confirmation, but I was being prepared the night before.

I do not think it was coincidence that I did this edit just the night before.  I think it was a God thing.  The iris is from our backyard, and after the edit, I thought it needed a phrase to complete it.  "Be still" is what I chose.  Fitting too.  Our family is going through a new season, and encountering some challenges.  Sometimes it is hard for me to be still, and let God be God.  I like what Oswald Chambers says, "Invest your faith in the character of God."  What do I know about God's character?...I know God is faithful, patient, trustworthy; causes good to come out of everything, goes before us, and has our backside.  His ways are right, true, and bring life.   I just need to be still, and let Him do his thing...and know He is God.   That calms my heart, and mind.   

  
His glory fills the earth.  His blessings abound...He thrills with His creation.  I am thankful to be a part of it.  Look at what is just down the street from my house.  What an amazing sight!  Just glorious.  The field filled with these Gaillardias is gorgeous, and breath-taking.  The empty field across the street is just as gorgeous...it is filled with these flowers as well.  Two fields, just down the street from my house.  Amazing.  Isn't God good!








Look closely at the right flower to see the bee busy collecting pollen!


I know there are a lot of pictures of the flowers, but I love them all.   I want to share their beauty with everyone.  
Be blessed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog