Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas swim class...and other happenings...

"Winter is a time for comfort, for good food, and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home." -Edith Sitwell

Today is the first day of winter!  It is not very wintery here though...the sun is shining a very comfortable 64°.  Today is also my son, Mark's, birthday.  Happy birthday, Mark.

These photos were taken by Amber...post processing by me...
Mark and Amber recently spent 9 days in Hawaii.  I think all the dreary weather in Denver got to them...they had to get away.  I love this photo with the rainbow in the background.  ReMARKable (get it?)
Happy Birthday...
Christmas Water Aerobics
Christmas is definitely just around the corner.  In honor of Christmas, I made up a water workout with moves to the "12 Days of Christmas."  I encourage those who come to my class to look Christmas-y by wearing something, well, Christmas-y.  The great thing is that my people do get into the Christmas spirit by coming up with, and wearing some really great Christmas items.  This year I took my camera to document the event.

Small bunch today, but overflowing with Christmas Spirit!


Christmas Program: Warren is in this...
Since before Thanksgiving, I have heard the music, and singing of my husband practicing for our big Christmas program at our church since he is in the choir.  I absolutely love to hear him practicing.  It makes my soul soar.  This year the music was exceptional.  When there was a reading in the gospel of Luke, "For Unto you a Child is born...", I was moved to tears.  And the music definitely brought us into  worship.

One of songs I had Warren sing over and over again to me was "The Bells Are Ringing" from a poem written by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.  I love it.  Take time to watch the video to learn of its background, and the powerful words.  It is just lovely.


Countdown to the start of the program...

Getting ready...

The projector image of the choir...
And the bells they're ringing (Peace on Earth)
Like a choir they're singing (Peace on Earth)
And with our hearts we'll hear them
Peace on earth, good will to men

Do you hear the bells they're ringing? (Peace on Earth)
The life the angels singing (Peace on Earth)
Open up your heart and hear them (Peace on Earth)
Peace on earth, good will to men

Peace on earth, Peace on earth
Peace on earth, Good will to men



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog