Sunday, October 20, 2013

Happy birthday Warren...

"Your birthday is a special time to celebrate the gift of 'you' to the world." -unknown

Sixty-seven years ago Warren made his appearance on this Earth, and I am so glad he did.  He has made my little corner of the world better, brighter, and beautiful.   Even though today is his actual birthday, we celebrated yesterday.  Fun times were had by all.  I asked Warren what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday.  He said, "Chocolate Lasagna Cake."   Hmmm.  I like whimsical.  How could I make his choice whimsical?   I did some research, and came up with how: a topsy, turvy cake, and the bonus was I could make his second favorite cake, too.  Lemon.  YouTube had some great tutorials on how to do it.  Further consultation on the fondant was from Jordan herself...cake decorating expert that she is.  I learned a lot while making this cake.  While it is not perfect, it sure was delicious, and fun.

Under all that fondant is the scrumptious frosting.  The bottom three layers are the chocolate lasagna portion, and the top tier is lemon.  Oh this cake was so divine.  It took me two days to make it.  
 Warren likes bikes.  I found this old style bike at Hobby Lobby.  I thought a relic for an old relic.  I decorated it like it was going to be in a parade.  I was so glad when Warren noticed and thought it was so cool.
The bike is about 12 inches long and 8 inches high.  He loved it.

Front view of the bike.  The front basket contains a sack of candy bars with the numbers '6' '7'.  The back baskets are full of little tiny gifts.

The middle of the table

Full table.

The birthday man, and my man, and love of my life.  

So handsome.

One candle lit...more to go...

All lit now...

Making a wish...

Blowing out the candles...

opening gifts...
 Here are the guests...
watching Pawpaw open presents...

more guests...

and the last one...

This is the card that Reid made...see he counted all the years, and circled them for easy reading...

This has got to be the best gift of all.  

I am trying to westernize Warren's wardrobe...for future photo shoots...

Yes, it is the right size...

Good cake, but it looks a little sad here...

My man...

And his cat...

Happy birthday to you.  
Have a great, and blessed year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog