Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Osteoporosis update...


I went for my annual physical earlier this month, and finally got all my lab results back.  Last year, I was diagnosed with osteoporosis.  I was depressed.  I did not want to go on any of the medicines because the side effects are not the greatest.  Warren did research, and said a low oxalate diet might help.  It was not a very fun diet, because it seems you cannot eat much of anything.  I did it for the year.  

Well, my bone density showed a 3% improvement.  Not a lot, but hey, it isn't worse.

I, also, have a high cholesterol...it is usually around 230 or so.  My cholesterol was 176...in the normal range.  So the good news is that the diet is working.  The bad news is that it means I will have to stay on the diet.  Actually, I am kind of used to it by now, so I do not think it will be so bad.  It is better than taking the medicine.  And I do not have to have another bone density until 2 more years.  Yeah!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog