Wednesday, March 23, 2011

God Stop

Have you ever had one of those moments when you know God is giving you a glimpse of His Glory?  Beth Moore calls it a "God Stop"--when you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He is revealing Himself to you.  It can be an answered prayer, a warning, a glorious sunrise or sunset, protection, or just about anything.  But you know.  This morning I had a God stop.  Our cat, Annie, wanted to go outside, so I went to the backdoor to let her out when all of a sudden a glorious light came in the room.  It was really strange, because it happened all of a sudden.   I turned around to see what it was.  My living room was filled with the most spectacular, warm light!  It was beautiful and I wanted to capture it.  Of course, nothing can do justice to what I saw, but I think I got pretty close to it in the picture I took.
My "living" room light
This experience made my quiet time so much more glorious this morning!  Interestingly enough my New Testament reading was about Jesus' crucifixion.  As I read, "and when the sixth hour had come, darkness fell over the whole land until the ninth hour,"(Mark 15:33), I thought about the light in my living room.  Jesus is our living light.  Without Jesus, there is darkness.  I think when the earth went dark, it was a prelude of what it is like to be without Jesus.  We are to be a reflection of Jesus' light in this dark world, and even though I know all this, I think it was God's way of reminding me to be about His business.  To God be the glory!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog