Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thanksgiving


Luke and Jordan's home

Warren and I traveled to North Carolina to spend Thanksgiving with our youngest son and his wife. It was quite a shock when Luke met us with his new "no hairdo." Yes, Luke looks like Kojak. It did not take as long to get use to it as I thought it would. In fact, I rather liked it because the focus is more on his eyes--and I think they shine and are very nice much brighter than his head.

Luke and his new "no hairdo"

He uses this special razor that has match car wheels.

It was our first time to try deep fried turkey as well. It was mighty good. Finger licking for sure. Luke and Warren set up the fryer in the driveway. Luke gave the turkey a special cajun rub. Jordan set a beautiful table and had prepared enough sides to feed several families. We hardly made a dent in the food. Everything was so tasty. I even had my first sweet potato pie. Jordan had printed up special place cards and a menu, and put together a fall centerpiece. It was just like eating at a fancy restaurant.


Warren lighting the burner of the deep fryer. They had
a fire extinguisher handy just in case.


The Cajun rub
Done with loving care
The place cards and menu. Aren't they beautiful?
So much great food!

The day after Thanksgiving, we drove to Boone, NC to pick out the perfect tree from a Christmas tree farm. And it was freezing up there. I was glad it didn't take very long. We set up the tree and decorated for Christmas. It was so much fun decorating someone else's house and knowing I will not have to take it down and put every thing away.

Here we are wind blown and cold. I decided I needed a new coat after
seeing this picture. I look like a quarterback!

Luke among the trees.


The house decorated. It is warm and inviting.

Of course, I had to take a bunch of pictures of everyone. That was one of my favorite things to do since I am trying to perfect my portraiture shots.


Such a great looking couple. One of my favorites.

and so is this one.

And this one too. True love!

Jordan is so lovely

Jordan and Savannah with a sunshine effect

After I took Luke and Jordan's pictures, I asked her to take some shots of Warren and I. I think she did a very nice job.

Aren't the colors beautiful? Jordan and I went
shopping for the scarves to add a splash of
color to the pictures.

Here's my stunningly handsome husband


In the midst of all this activity, Savannah, the cat, did what she did best...sleep. She seemed to like Warren's lap a lot. She did take of few turns in my lap and it was during this time, I discovered that Savannah had lost a large number of her teeth. Jordan and Luke decided they had better take her to the vet soon after the holidays.

Savannah, the toothless wonder, helping Warren on the computer

We watched several movies...The Toy Story 3, and The Christmas Carol starring Jim Carey, we played games, and just relaxed. We had a great time. I am so thankful God has blessed us with such a great family. I love them all dearly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog