Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

Busy, busy, busy. That is how my life has been. I seem to go from one activity to another and there is never enough hours in the day to get all the things done I would like to do. I am reading some great books. One is called the "19th Wife" which is a book about the Mormons (historical fiction) and of course, I have several photography books I am trying to work through. I finally found me a subject who is willing to endure all my photographic sessions and experiments. I must say I have had an equal number of amazingly good and bad photos. I am taking some online photo editing classes as well, so this gives me a great opportunity to try out my new skills. Here are a couple of photos from some of my experiments. I will not post my disasters.

Isn't she beautiful

Gigi is my wonderful subject

The last couple of times the grandkids have come over, we have been busy...painting and picking. Erynn painted a birdhouse, and Reid wanted to paint a plate. What can I say, I tried to get him to paint something a little more exciting, but he had his heart set on the plate.

Reid in his sunglasses. And not very clean ones.


Reid and his artwork


Erynn and her birdhouse

This year our apple tree was loaded with apples. We spent one afternoon picking the apples. The next week Erynn and Reid each made an apple pie. They took one home and Warren and I enjoyed the other one. It was delicious both households agreed.


Pawpaw helps Erynn pick the apples. They are having fun.



Now it is Reid's turn. Such concentration.


Tasting the bounty. A little sour at first bite.

My grass I so carefully planted and staked to protect is now a nice patch of dirt and dead grass. What is so bad is that it seems to be spreading. I thought maybe it had a fungus, so I sprayed for that. It did no good. Then I decided it maybe grubs, so I dug up a spot and no grubs. The skunks seem to be digging for them as well. I see divets where they have been digging. I have trapped one more skunk and two dove. Smiggley was parked right beside the cage waiting for the birds to escape. (I trapped the birds on separate occasions). I let the birds go, but the skunk was toast. Animal control took care of him, but I think I still have another one I need to trap.

1 comments:

Laurie said...

Great pictures-- all of them!! :)

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog