Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Jane's funeral...

"I rejoiced with those who said to me, 'Let us go to the house of the Lord."  -Psalms 122:1

Today, we laid my Jane to rest.  I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that she is celebrating her life with the Lord Jesus Christ.  She would have loved the service; the words, the people, the songs, and most of all the fellowship.

Jane...June 02, 2013
 Whenever we went outside, Jane always  had to have on her "dark glasses."  And more importantly, every time we went into SAM's, she had to get them adjusted and cleaned.
Jane's hands...
Jane always, had impeccable nails…always nicely manicured.  It amazed me since nail polish on my fingernails lasts about 10 minutes.  How did she keep them so nice?

These pictures were taken at her viewing when she was lying in state.  This little table had a beautiful present day photo of her, along with some of her childhood photos.  It had paintbrushes, colored pencils, and a little tin box she painted a cute flower design on...


This was the display of some of her paintings.  She was a fine artist in all mediums.

This little table had more photos of her as a child, and with various people.  The large one of the right is of her and her husband.  There were photo albums, sculptures, and a picture of her in front of one of her paintings, along with a painted self-portrait.


The boots were her custom made riding boots that she wore in her early years.  She always kept them.  The lovely flowers were from her husband.  Aren't they gorgeous!  Did I tell you she loved flowers?


Today,  was her funeral when we said our final good-byes to her.  


At the cemetery…


 …and her lovely spray of flowers.  Jane loved flowers, but I think I already told you that.  


There was a scrumptious meal served to us cooked by the ladies of the church.  Everything was just lovely, and fine.  I close by saying,  "Good-bye my sweet lady, Jane.  I will miss you dearly, love you, and will see you again one day." 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Rob's Blog